queshow to revoke power of attorney

What are the steps I need to take to revok a power of attorney asap. I am currently living in Canada and am concerned that someone Igave power of aattorney may sell my land with out my consent. I do not want my land sold.

• ansRegarding cancellation/revocation, it can be cancelled/revoked by mutual consent of both parties by making a revocation deed registered before the same sub-registrar where the power was registered.

If the agent does not  agree then the executor of the power of attorney can cause an intimation to the agent expressing his/her interest to cancel the power of Attorney.

In case the power of attorney is registered deed then you have to cancel it through a deed of cancellation/revocation & that too has to be registered. In case the power of attorney is not registered then it can be cancelled by a registered letter written on plan paper & sent to  the person/authority for whom this POA deed was made along with a copy to the person in whose favor this was given.

Subsequently proper public notice can be given in two news papers (one shall be vernacular news paper) locally well circulated.

If the agent does not agree then the executor of the power of attorney can cause an intimation to the agent expressing his/her interest to cancel the power of Attorney. In case the power of attorney is registered deed then you have to cancel it through a deed of cancellation/revocation & that too has to be registered. In case the power of attorney is not registered then it can be cancelled by a registered letter written on plan paper & sent to the person/authority for whom this POA deed was made along with a copy to the person in whose favor this was given.Subsequently proper public notice can be given in two news papers (one shall be vernacular news paper) locally well circulated.