How to make legally strong will
Sir/Mam, Due to my mother's ill health she is thinking to make her property will. She want it to transfer all to her children only. Because of my father's bad and unsupported behavior, she don't want to give any share or power of control to him. How should she write her will to make it legally strong and indisputable ? Following is her rough outlook " After my death, all my property will be transferred and used equally to my 3 children Mr X, Mr Y and Miss Z only. " Should she further write "No body else will have any share or authority in my property. " Or just naming the nominee'
In a will be as specific and precise as possible. Do make it clear by spelling out exactly who she wants to bequeath her share to and how much since the intention of the testator post his death is inferred from the contents of the will itself. Hope that solves your query!
Advocate Shriya MainiSaket, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Separated from husband for 10 years now how to proceed for divorce
- What is the procedure to correct the sale deed
- Delay in handing possession by the builder what action can I take
- Filed for mutual divorce but want to extend the cooling off period
- Is it legal to obtain an UG degree twice for the same course?