quesHow much time is required to upgrade name by trust

I have submitted application to upgrade the names in trust body. But since 7 yrs I have not been completed with task. I would like to know how many days does it take if no any objections??

  • ansHow are new trustees appointed? How are trustees removed?
    Usually the trust deed will provide for when and how new trustees will be appointed. But if the trust deed doesn't deal with this, the matter is governed by the TRUSTEE ACT 1956 (any provision in the trust deed overrides the Act). The Act provides that a new trustee may be appointed when a trustee

    is dead
    is unfit to act or incapable of acting
    refuses to act
    is overseas for more than a year
    no longer wishes to be a trustee
    is a company that has stopped trading or been liquidated
    The Act says that the new trustee is appointed by the person whom the trust deed nominates to make new appointments, or, if the trust deed doesn't nominate anyone, by the other trustees.

    The beneficiaries cannot control the exercise of the power of appointing new trustees conferred on a continuing trustee by the Act.

    The court also has a general power to appoint new trustees, whether instead of or in addition to existing trustees, when it is "expedient" to do so. In particular the court can appoint a new trustee in place of an existing trustee who:

    is guilty of misconduct in administering the trust
    is convicted of a crime involving dishonesty
    is mentally disordered
    is bankrupt
    is a company that has stopped trading or been liquidated
    Trustees can also be removed under any express power contained in the trust deed.

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are three brothers where one of the brother met with a serious accident and…
Hi, My Mother would like to write a Will. She has 2.5 acres of agricultural…
Sir / madam mygrandfather wrote a will on my name{hindu family} When my brother is…
how to prove a registered will in order to enter in the scheme decree of…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly