quesDelay in getting probate/ Will. What can we do now?

Last three years my case in Mumbai HC.My father had made will in my favour for the flat. My brother has challenged it. Court appointed a commissioner. My examination is over. In my side one witness appeared and said that my father had singed will in her presence. Even society is having copy of will and affidavit made by my father, stating that the property should be transfer on my name. From last one year the matter is not coming on the board. Now my advocate says first we will give letter to opposite party. As its delayed and judge may levy penalty on me for the delay. pl guide and help.

  • ans

    Your matter pertains to civil proceeding and under no circumstances it is possible that matter will not come for hearing for a period of 1 year.

    We suggest that you should inspect the file yourself and ascertain the last date of hearing and next date of hearing.

    Further, if the matter is not coming on board , then you should ask the lawyer why will the court impose penalty on you. 

    Accordingly based on your findings we will be able to advise you further

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, My mother was staying in pagdi system house since 1958. It is a…

In case of flat held in joint names of husband and wife, if the husband…

My grand father left a will in my grandmothers favor and died in 1984. My…
I am a citizen to India but I am living in Australia and planning to…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly