quesCan I challenge registered Will written by mentally unstable father

My father passed away recently and was mentally unstable and did not know how to read and write. Before his death, my elder brother took him to mussouri and got his Will made and registered where he willed all his property to a trust. Can we challenge the Will now? On what grounds?

  • ans

    Yes, the will can be challenged on grounds of being made under coercion.

    You can also file an appropriate declaratory suit in the civil court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

Which one valid, old registered will deed or latest will deed

A lady has a immovable property owned because of family settlement after the death of…

We have a house in chandigarh that is in my fathers name . My father…

father left a Will where property is in the name of elder son and when…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  Sushant Lok Ph 2
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly