×

quesCan daughter oppose registered WILL?

My grand father had three sons and a daughter. He executed a WILL in the form of notary which was not registered. On the basis of notary the properties were divided between the sons and they were enjoying those properties from the past 4 years. Some of the properties were given for his grand children. Recently, his daughter had mentioned in a notice belonging to a bank account that she had not been given any share in the WILL. Even some already existing nationalized banks in our properties accepted the WILL and they also executed a fresh lease with us after the sudden death of my grand father. Does she have a right to oppose the WILL?

• ansRegistration of WILL is not necessary. She does not have any right to oppose if the property given by your grand father was a self acquired property not an ancestral property.

If an ancestral property, she has right in the property.