Agreement of share in a WILLed Property
My unmarried aunt (mother's sister) who presently lives in Bangalore has willed her flat to my elder sister. My sister has promised me that she will share half of this property with me, only when she gets it.
But as her husband, her two children and their respective spouses may influence her decision (especially in her old age) can we make a legal document about sharing. Can such a document legally be made? Will it have legal validity?
Oral promises hold no validity. Your sister has no legal right in this property. Her legal right in this property will commence only when she gets this property. Till then your sister cannot make any legal document in your favor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I was forced to sign an undertaking and a cheque. now threatening me
- Daughter harassed by her husband and in-laws. What options available?
- What to do if joint property owner refuses for further construction?
- How can we recover money from company who did cheating with us?
- legal requirements for proprietary business on Online classifieds