quesAgreement of share in a WILLed Property

My unmarried aunt (mother's sister) who presently lives in Bangalore has willed her flat to my elder sister. My sister has promised me that she will share half of this property with me, only when she gets it.

But as her husband, her two children and their respective spouses may influence her decision (especially in her old age) can we make a legal document about sharing. Can such a document legally be made? Will it have legal validity?

  • ansOral promises hold no validity. Your sister has no legal right in this property. Her legal right in this property will commence only when she gets this property. Till then your sister cannot make any legal document in your favor.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to know that, my father had made a will and gave some share…
If the person who is gifting the property dies before the other person accepts it,…

My father own a flat in western suburbs. I have two sisters and I am…

What is a maximum time limit to challenge a will When that property has been…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  Sushant Lok Ph 2
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly