ques1st will is being challenged what is the validity of subsequent will

The property was in the name of my mother. Later on she made a will in favor of her husband. Now my father died (mother also). My father made a new will in favor of me out of the four legal heirs.


My question is: Am I eligible to get entire property, although my mother's will is challenged by my elder brother and it is still to be executed. 


  • ans


    When the First Will is challenged in law, it is presumed that your father is not yet declared the owner of the property till the Probate is granted. As you mentioned that your father died and he also made a Will, so in such an scenario you will have to go in for probating the Will, to become the owner of the property.


    The above mentioned advise is given based on the limited information provided by you, hence we will have to examine the application and the status of the case, to provide you with an accurate legal solution. 


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

The Will is dtd .june 1999.the person died on 31st Decc.2003 I got the Will…
One person having some landed property and bank and PO deposits died leaving a registered…
I am an employee in a Trust since Dec 2004, for the past 12 years…

how can i change my will?

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly