1st will is being challenged what is the validity of subsequent will
The property was in the name of my mother. Later on she made a will in favor of her husband. Now my father died (mother also). My father made a new will in favor of me out of the four legal heirs.
My question is: Am I eligible to get entire property, although my mother's will is challenged by my elder brother and it is still to be executed.
When the First Will is challenged in law, it is presumed that your father is not yet declared the owner of the property till the Probate is granted. As you mentioned that your father died and he also made a Will, so in such an scenario you will have to go in for probating the Will, to become the owner of the property.
The above mentioned advise is given based on the limited information provided by you, hence we will have to examine the application and the status of the case, to provide you with an accurate legal solution.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My friend is molested by her cousin brother what action can she take
- Sold house 16 years ago but did not transfer ownership from original
- What is the procedure for cheque bounce.
- Who would be legal owner of the said property?
- Court issued arrest warrant absconding from one year what can he do