Making donation on somebody else's name. Will it be valid?
Who gets the tax benefit if donations are made in somebody else's name? Also, is it legal to make a donation to charitable institutions on behalf of someone else's name (a living person + non-family member), using their name as the doner? I recently made a donation of ten thousand rupees from my bank account, using my money, to PM relief fund on behalf of my freind (without his prior consent), using his name in the recepit. But the freind for some reason didn't approve of it and wants to claim that i have mis-used his name/identity. Please guide what are the legal implications, if any.
If you have made donation in some body else name, then you are required to take prior approval of your friend. He can take action against you because it is fraud and misrepresentation .
Further you will not get benefit under Section 80G as the donation was not made in your name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to claim and calculate back wages in case of illegal termination?
- need to fight against injustice by govt. of Maharashtra
- How can I object on illegal construction of a floor
- Default by landlord in paying EMI bank asking to vacate the property
- Employer not following the orders given by HC what action can I take