Making donation on somebody else's name. Will it be valid?
Who gets the tax benefit if donations are made in somebody else's name? Also, is it legal to make a donation to charitable institutions on behalf of someone else's name (a living person + non-family member), using their name as the doner? I recently made a donation of ten thousand rupees from my bank account, using my money, to PM relief fund on behalf of my freind (without his prior consent), using his name in the recepit. But the freind for some reason didn't approve of it and wants to claim that i have mis-used his name/identity. Please guide what are the legal implications, if any.
If you have made donation in some body else name, then you are required to take prior approval of your friend. He can take action against you because it is fraud and misrepresentation .
Further you will not get benefit under Section 80G as the donation was not made in your name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to recover funds that were collected for a case
- How much liability of son to pay mother's maintenance amount?
- How do I break service agreement of two years got better job option
- Cheque bounce how to recover the amount
- Brothers disagreeing for partition of property