quesMaking donation on somebody else's name. Will it be valid?

Who gets the tax benefit if donations are made in somebody else's name? Also, is it legal to make a donation to charitable institutions on behalf of someone else's name (a living person + non-family member), using their name as the doner? I recently made a donation of ten thousand rupees from my bank account, using my money, to PM relief fund on behalf of my freind (without his prior consent), using his name in the recepit. But the freind for some reason didn't approve of it and wants to claim that i have mis-used his name/identity. Please guide what are the legal implications, if any.

If you have made donation in some body else name, then you are required to take prior approval of your friend. He can take action against you because it is fraud and misrepresentation .

Further you will not get benefit under    Section 80G as the donation was not made in your name.