Company delaying to issue me my Form 16. What should i do about it?
I have served in a government organization form 2013-2014 on contractual basis. Since my project fees was 1.6 lac, i wanted to file and ITR, as the 10% of the total was already deducted out my payment every month. When i wanted to file the ITR i realized that the transactions entered in my form 26as by the employer was not correct hence i couldn't. Since last july i have been requesting the organization to issue me my form 16 but they are delaying it every time. How shall i go about it?
The employer will be held responsible for default if he is not depositing the TDS or not issuing the certificate in Form 16. You do not have control over the deductor.
Hence, you should file ITR on the basis of income and TDS details you have (salary slip) and claim the TDS even if it is not deposited by your employer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is it necessary to transfer ownership in legal heirs name
- Wanted advice on writ petition matter-temporary injunction
- Property mortgaged borrower died how can legal heirs claim property
- Can i get document signed if marriage doesn't work she'll divorce?
- Gave friend to money half of it returned now not returning remaining