quesCompany delaying to issue me my Form 16. What should i do about it?

I have served in a government organization form 2013-2014 on contractual basis. Since my project fees was 1.6 lac, i wanted to file and ITR, as the 10% of the total was already deducted out my payment every month. When i wanted to file the ITR i realized that the transactions entered in my form 26as by the employer was not correct hence i couldn't. Since last july i have been requesting the organization to issue me my form 16 but they are delaying it every time. How shall i go about it?

• ansThe employer will be held responsible for default if he is not depositing the TDS or not issuing the certificate in Form 16. You do not have control over the deductor.

Hence, you should file ITR on the basis of income and TDS details you have (salary slip) and claim the TDS even if it is not deposited by your employer.