VAT requires address for online business don't have any address
I want to start with selling only on Amazon for the time being as they have FBA so I can just ask the manufacturer I'm buying from to ship directly to one of their warehouses and I need not bother about the packing, shipping etc. Now for this business model, I'm told that I'd need to provide a VAT number. But to register for VAT, I've to provide an address proof of the place of business ( rental agreement or such). But I don't have any! The whole point of online business is to avoid cost of renting a store.Should I give my college hostel address? Or the address of the Amazon Warehouse?
For the said purpose You are first required to open a LLP or a company, it is adviced to open an LLP as it is cost effective, you can give the address of your residence for this purpose and use that address for the purpose of obtaining VAT.
Please not VATregistration laws vary from state to state
Incase of any further query please feel free to contact the undersigned.
Advocate Pragya WazirDefence Colony, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No association formed one flat owner fixed monthly maintenance for all
- Brother of son in law mentally harassing my daughter. What action?
- Who is liable to pay if seepage is caused to 2nd floor tenant
- Can the plaintiff be recognized as legal heir of deceased
- Daily wage worker at dept of post now terminated what can i do