×

quesVAT requires address for online business don't have any address

I want to start with selling only on Amazon for the time being as they have FBA so I can just ask the manufacturer I'm buying from to ship directly to one of their warehouses and I need not bother about the packing, shipping etc. Now for this business model, I'm told that I'd need to provide a VAT number. But to register for VAT, I've to provide an address proof of the place of business ( rental agreement or such). But I don't have any! The whole point of online business is to avoid cost of renting a store.Should I give my college hostel address? Or the address of the Amazon Warehouse?

• ansDear sir
    For the said purpose You are first required to open a LLP or a company, it is adviced to open an LLP as it is cost effective, you can give the address of your residence for this purpose and use that address for the purpose of obtaining VAT.
    Please not VATregistration laws vary from state to state
    Incase of any further query please feel free to contact the undersigned.
    Regards
    Pragya Wazir
    Advocate

Advocate Pragya Wazir

Defence Colony, Delhi