thesis copied without knowledge
I was a student of department of biotechnology as a part of curricular we have to do a project work in our final semester . I along with my 3 friends and one teacher have done project on anticancer drug development from a plant. we have completed our B.E in 2013 . few days back I came to know that our guide who was also our HOD that time has published a research article in international journal in September 2013 ,he didn't given any credit to us and our name is not in the research paper ,he only changed the title and introduction part of the article but methods ,results are same as in our thesis. In research paper he has given name of his wife how is now Hod of department , one teacher who worked with us and name of the director of Lab were we have carried out our all work. they didn't have any communication with us in last two year but our Hod at that time took soft copy of our thesis a day before our final presentation ,he pressurized us to give our thesis to him. Now I am looking for what action i can take against him
thesis comes under intellectual property of maker. you can lodge a complaint before UGC, and Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB) for infringement of intellectual property right, against your HOD. it does not matter that you have applied for copyright ot not. if you have that thesis prior to the publication then you have thesis as your intellectual property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- limitation to file suit against rejection of candidature by JKPSC
- Daughter's right in mother's property
- How to retrieve money when Cheque is given but bank account is closed
- Illegal withdrawal amount from my bank account by Flipkart
- After charge sheet submission accused found innocent