Procedure to add a new partner in partnership firm
Hi I need advice on adding a partner to my partnership and having a cross holding in the new partners firm. How can we enable this? What kind of paper work will be required?
Introduction of a new partner
In terms of Section 31 of the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, a new person can be introduced as a partner into a firm with the consent of all the existing partners subject to the execution of a fresh Partnership Deed. At the time of execution of fresh partnership deed presence of all the existing partners along with the new partner and witnesses is essential. All the partners are required to carry the original copy of their respective Permanent Account Number (PAN) as well as residence proofs.
The date when the fresh partnership deed is executed the previous partnership deed shall stand superseded. However, a person who is introduced as a partner into the firm does not become liable for any act of the firm done before he became a partner.
Cross-holding in new partners firm
Cross holding across firms do not have any material effect on the ability of a particular firm; each firm being a distinct legal entity; except from competing businesses prospective.
Advocate Gagan AnandSector 4, Panchkula
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- quitting job in a pvt bank where notice period is one month
- Person harassing me and my family for loan my father took 15 years ago
- Am I bound to verify the bike after it got found and I got my claim
- Divorce based on mental harassment can I apply for compensation
- how to revoke an irrevocable poa and sell the property?