Online website creation laws.
Over the last 18 months I've used 2 businesses in India to help me setup my new UK business. The first was a website company who have taken thousands of dollars and I'm only now beginning to realize that not only are they not capable to creating the site but I've also wasted 18 months and thousands of dollars with them. I've decided use another UK based company and paid to start all over again. The painful part is that the UK company can do the same in 3 weeks.
Legally whats my possibility of getting my money back? I've not asked directly for my money back yet. The second company is also an Indian company but with a more professional outfit. Their company allows use of their specialist software, which was integrated into my website and I pay them a yearly license fee.
However after paying the fee its become transparent to me that they software doesn't do what was initially proposed. When I asked them for my money back there was no response, not even from the MD of the company. Please be realistic in your responses, I've no interest in spending good money chasing bad, when there is no hope of getting anything back. I've already invested thousands.
Did you sign any contract with website company? What were terms of the contract? As far as your second query is concerned it is necessary to go into contract signed by you with software company. Generally there is no provision for refund . you can only refuse to renew the annual license fee contract.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Judge asking to bring child in court to change jurisdiction.What to do
- Wife torturing husband threatening him to leave his job
- can private vehicles be rented out as taxis on hourly basis
- Evidence needed to file a divorce and DV case
- Is it possible to take stay order in false allegation