Issue of copyright before starting a website.
I am an student and thinking to start a website which will be focused towards engineering technologies.. also i want link some text books (on which copyright act is mentioned) in my websites so that my website users can be beneficial of it. I am thinking to upload these text books in some ONLINE DATA STORAGE PORTAL and i will be pasting that particular file link in my website. But i am worried that.. by doing this i will end up with criminal case. Please kindly guide me what i have to do?
If copyright has been obtained with respect to certain text books then you cannot link them in your website except without the prior consent of the owner. You will be amenable to criminal prosecution for copyright infringement in addition to being liable to pay heavy monetary damages to the owner if you use the copyrighted material without the consent of the owner.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Withdrawal of child custody case and its consequences
- Terms and conditions for user registration forms.
- How to get Divorce when wife is not willing but husband want.
- Want to file for divorce because husband not allowing to work
- Equal Right-Agricultural Property.