How to safeguard my self if building an e-commerce website?
Hi, I am planning to launch a website. However I have an idea but I don't know how to develop a website. However I am recruiting a company that will help me and design/develop website for me. I want to know that How can I enter into agreement with that company that will state that they are not coping any website source code/coding/plugins/designs/look and feel/ webpages content. In case any legal action comes against our website than our development agency will be responsible for any penalty and issues and will refund all the money which We paid for our website designing. Thanks.
Your requirements are to be covered in the agreement between you and company which developing your website.
Agreement should be well drafted to safeguard your interest from any future legal actions.
In the agreement it should be clear stated that the developer company will indemnify you in case of any third person comes up with the claim of copying their website.
The agreement also need to include that if any damages are claimed and awarded against the illegal copying and misuse of any content or software used to develop your website, the same will have to be paid by the developer company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Time bound notice received for vacating property
- How to protect my business idea which is not yet registered?
- Bank harassing for false credit card bill amount
- Girl married by fraud and demanding maintenance for divorce
- Received a legal notice from husband, lawyer asking for notice fee