Online Skill Games Website
We are planning to start an online poker (and other skill games) website. Need services by a lawyer with expertise in online gaming laws on how to go about the whole process and be associated with us long term for legal advice.
A District Court in New Delhi held that all online games, whether games of skill or chance involving cash are illegal as per the Gaming as well as Information Technology Act and allied Rules according to a news report in Card Player magazine.
Additional District Judge Ina Malhotra in her opinion stated that games of skill including games like chess, poker, bridge and rummy do not enjoy the Constitutional right to freedom of trade and commerce guaranteed under Article 19(1)(g) of the Constitution
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- After court awarded decree, husband not letting me meet my kid.
- Bike recovered from thieves how can I get my bike back from police
- How to file consumer complaint against network provider?
- charged with a false case with the sections 498a, 406, 506, 34, 323
- Mother not giving any share to me in the property what are my rights?