What to do if someone has withheld my payment and not releasing it?
What can I do if someone has withheld my payment and is not releasing the amount? I am an interior designer and I undertook an assignment for finishing a girl’s school. I had finished my work but the people stopped my payment and are not willing to release the same. It’s been about 8 to 9 months that my money has been stuck up with them.
I have the work order and all proofs of delivery of the required work. The amount to be recovered is Rs. 3 Lacs. What can I do?
Firstly send them a Legal Notice via an Advocate demanding your payment within 30 days.
If the said payment is not made within 30 days, then you can institute a civil suit for the recovery of your payment on the basis of the work orders and proof of delivery in the competent court of law.
As you have all the documents to prove that the said payment is due, you shall be able to recover your amount easily.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Work in govt department can I join another job without resigning
- What is the daughter's right on parents property?
- Does a younger brother has the right in his elder brother's property
- Can I sell my bike if I had complaint for rash driving ?
- Documents required for court marriage