quesWhat to do if someone has withheld my payment and not releasing it?

What can I do if someone has withheld my payment and is not releasing the amount? I am an interior designer and I undertook an assignment for finishing a girl’s school. I had finished my work but the people stopped my payment and are not willing to release the same. It’s been about 8 to 9 months that my money has been stuck up with them.


I have the work order and all proofs of delivery of the required work. The amount to be recovered is Rs. 3 Lacs. What can I do?


  • ans


    Firstly send them a Legal Notice via an Advocate demanding your payment within 30 days.


    If the said payment is not made within 30 days, then you can institute a civil suit for the recovery of your payment on the basis of the work orders and proof of delivery in the competent court of law.


    As you have all the documents to prove that the said payment is due, you shall be able to recover your amount easily.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action. 


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I booked a shop in Gurgaon through a broker. The broker told me that there…

how to give yellow notice to bank , for unable to repayment of loan. What…

We have lent 20lacs to a family friend. We have all documents for the same.…

I had got call from quikr relating to provide job. The job is in HUL(Hindustan…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly