What action possible against a person who has cheated me and may more?
On 9th April I received an email from a person, from Baruch, Gujarat, explaining that they are giving making shipping websites for Rs.15500/-. After a long discussion over the phone and e-mail, I sent them Rs.15500/- that to in his father's bank account by net banking. But he did not give me the said website.
I called him many a times claiming that I want a refund after deducting money for the limited services they had rendered. But he refused to refund even a single rupee. Now he does not attend my calls. From discussions I also know that he had cheated more than 200 people from different parts of India.
What legal steps can I take against them?
We suggest you to send him and his father a legal notice thereby demanding Rs. 15,500/-.
In addition to this, you can lodge a criminal compliant under Section 420 IPC at the nearest police station.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is registration value for a property
- Flat gift deed not registered Is it valid in the court of law
- Purchase of land is documented and regsitry by notary. Is it valid?
- Took loan from a person have blank cheque given by me what to do
- how to handle Cheque bouncing of a security blank cheque