Unable to repay loan after father's death. What to do?
My father took a housing loan from a bank. His unfortunate death caused us a lot of trouble in repaying the loan. Even after his death we continued to pay the EMI for about 60 months. Now we are bankrupt. Can bank consider all EMI's as principal amount and let go of the interest? is there any way to make a deal with bank ?
Payment of secured loan becomes obligatory on the part of the legal heirs of the borrower as the failure to pay it makes the property mortgaged before the creditor vulnerable for attachment and sale.
The legal heirs enjoy no special benefit as far as payment of loan is concerned.
However the bank at its discretion may provide a flexible term for repayment of loan but waiver if interest is very unlikely.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- cheque bounce case, accused got stay order from High court.
- Broker lied about the shop. Unable to get refund from builder. Remedy?
- case of ipc section 302 bail granted now what will happen
- what to do if my husband is not wiling to give me divorce
- Filing for mutual divorce. What are my rights?