Selling deceased father's house to pay debts
My father died due to debt burden. He owned a store. All the commodities kept in the store got sealed. My father has a flat and there was a loan on it.
We decided to sell the flat since there was no notice from the court. Can we sell the flat? Will we face a legal action?
Yes, you can sell the flat with consent of the bank as it's dues will have to be set off from the sale proceeds. Apart from the consent of bank you do not have any legal hurdle to sell the flat.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Failed to pay EMI and the company has sent legal notice
- Script idea stolen by another company what action can i take
- Harassment by wife can i file for divorce
- Is copyright required for entire website or just for the codes
- Do I need NOC from property owner for bank loan