Selling deceased father's house to pay debts
My father died due to debt burden. He owned a store. All the commodities kept in the store got sealed. My father has a flat and there was a loan on it.
We decided to sell the flat since there was no notice from the court. Can we sell the flat? Will we face a legal action?
Yes, you can sell the flat with consent of the bank as it's dues will have to be set off from the sale proceeds. Apart from the consent of bank you do not have any legal hurdle to sell the flat.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to get back registered property back from relatives
- Till what time a stay is valid on a property
- can my parents sell their business without my consent?
- Surname different in documents from that of father how to change it
- Bank issues a notice against a jobless man.