Regarding Personal Loan Default. How to do settlement?
I have taken a personal loan of Rs 10 lacs each from HDFC,ICICI and Citi Bank. But I am not able to pay the same:- 1) Does the banks always gives the option of settlement ,before taking any civil or legal action? 2) Is it possible to settle all my personal loan @ 50% of principle amount, if negotiated well? 3) Third and the most important, Can banks get in touch with my company HR and get my all personal details? Even though I am always reachable on my phone .Can my company fire me because of this?
Yes, banks always gives an option to settle, if you are unable to pay the money.
You will have to take a stand that you cannot pay the money due to insufficient of fund.
As per the RBI rules, bank cannot harass the customer or contact the HR. In case they do the same you can always complaint to RBI
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- cheque dishonered "invalid by liimt 2 laks on it" wrote for 13 lak
- Manger denying maternity leave in government office. What can be done?
- Took loan from company. paid some amount but can't pay the remaining
- No reply from company regarding my full and final settlement
- Builder failed to pay back loan can bank take possession of flats