Paid money to contractor. No paper work. How to claim it back?
I gave some money to contractor in installments which is in total of 90 lacs. I have no receipts of the payments nor do i have any contract with the contractor. The payment was made by self cheques and were withdrawn by my accountant. Thereafter he has not completed his duty and not returning my calls. I also filed an FIR against him but the police is asking for some paper to support my claim, What can i do?
Was the money paid by cheque?
If the money wasn’t paid by cheque nor you have any document which states that you have hired the contractor, then it is very difficult to prove that you have given money to contractor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i claim share in grandfather's property after division
- daughters claiming right in parents property
- Delay in getting probate/ Will. What can we do now?
- Husband filed divorce on false ground of cruelty
- Builder gave 4 parking spots to 10 people. Now what action possible?