quesPaid money to contractor. No paper work. How to claim it back?

I gave some money to contractor in installments which is in total of 90 lacs. I have no receipts of the payments nor do i have any contract with the contractor. The payment was made by self cheques and were withdrawn by my accountant. Thereafter he has not completed his duty and not returning my calls. I also filed an FIR against him but the police is asking for some paper to support my claim, What can i do?

• ansWas the money paid by cheque?

If the money wasn’t paid by cheque nor you have any document which states that you have hired the contractor, then it is very difficult to prove that you have given money to contractor.