quesnonrepayment of loan

I gave a loan of Rs.5,00,000 to my friend and colleague (a govt. servant ). I gave this amount in two parts First, cash of Rs.2,50,000, 2.5 year ago for which I made a deed on a 100 rupee Non Judicial E- stamp paper and also in consideration I received a self cheque. Second, Rs. 2,50,000 by fund transfer through NEFT, 6 months earlier for which I did not make a legal deed. But now in a paralyse attack he died one month earlier and now his legal heir denied to pay the loan and also threatened me and my family to not to sue in court. Also I want to mention here that the Self cheque is Not having any Dated written on it. So please give me advice on the matter to take legal actions to recover my money from his office dues ( i.e. PF, GRAUITY etc. ) OR from his legal heir.

  • ansFirst of all send a legal notice to his legal heirs and give them 15 days time to repay that amount alont with interest. If they are not ready to make the payment within 15 days from receipt of the notice then you can file a civil suit for recovery against them before court.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a freelancer, worked for a firm. they are not paying now. everytime they…
I belong to Rajasthan state. Our private limited company failed in repayment of loan in…

i had given some amount to my colleague as a hand loan by cheque. now…

Hi, One of my friends borrowed around 3 lakhs from me and he is not…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly