Noida builder not refunding booking amount after cancellation of plot
I had booked 2 plots in Dehradun in 2013 through a Noida builder by paying Rs.50,000 for each plot but since there was no progress in the delivery, I cancelled the plots formally a couple of months ago. Now the builder is not returning me the booking amount. What all legal remedies do I have?
After carefully analyzing your situation, the legal remedy available to you is that you should send a legal notice drafted by a lawyer for asking for refund of the booking amount as you have cancelled your booking formally.
If after the expiry of 30 days the builder doesn't refund the amount then you can file a complaint in the State consumer forum against the said builder.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i get divorce on the bases of fraud from wife and not pay alimony
- Semi-government employee wants to start business is it legal
- Remedy available if Husband is physically abusive to me and my family
- Can a widow inherit property if she has remarried?
- What are the consequences for not serving notice period