Money lent with no formal record of how to recover.
I gave a person 2 lakh rupees in 2004. I am from a village, I have only informal record - on a diary, but the person signed there. Money was given on some interest rate which was also mentioned in that informal record. Now that person is refusing to pay principal + interest. Some lawyers suggested filing of criminal case against him. Does criminal case initiation have any solid prospect in culminating in money recovery?
File an FIR with the local police station and subsequently a criminal case would help you to recover the money so given.
Initiation of criminal case against the borrower is strongly recommended for recovery of money, for that you must mention in the prayer portion of the complaint regarding refund of principle amount along with charges for mental harassment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Difference between a Sale Deed & Agreement
- Legality of sale deed agreement vs sale agreement
- Shops built without BBMP approval what action can i take.
- Working on contract basis since 2004 some false allegations
- Wrong petition filed by my advocate and now it is gone to FDP stage