quesMoney lent with no formal record of how to recover.

I gave a person 2 lakh rupees in 2004. I am from a village, I have only informal record - on a diary, but the person signed there. Money was given on some interest rate which was also mentioned in that informal record. Now that person is refusing to pay principal + interest. Some lawyers suggested filing of criminal case against him. Does criminal case initiation have any solid prospect in culminating in money recovery?

  • ansFile an FIR with the local police station and subsequently a criminal case would help you to recover the money so given.

    Initiation of criminal case against the borrower is strongly recommended for recovery of money, for that you must mention in the prayer portion of the complaint regarding refund of principle amount along with charges for mental harassment.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can you please help me to get one person's call details report?he has cheated me…

Hi, One of my friend borrowed 25 Lakhs before 2 years from me in india,…

A group of us started a partnership firm and objective was to purchase the cabs…

Hi A friend needed my help in her tough times so I lent her 5…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly