Lent money to friend w/o proof. How can i claim my money from him?
Lent money to a friend through a cheque which is not an a/c payee, I have no proof regarding the money lent than only a certified bank copy that my friend took money from my account through self cheque.
Can I make him pay my money based only on the certified bank copy as he is now refusing to repay my money?
Your first step towards recovery of your dues should be that,
You should send a legal notice through an advocate to your friend asking him to repay your amount within 30 days.
If he does not comply with the said notice you can file a suit for recovery of your dues in the concerned civil court.
You can also file a police complaint under section 406 of the Indian Penal Code which deals with criminal breach of trust.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Best way to void marriage or get divorce from boys side.
- Ancestral property belonging 5 members be sold without consent of one
- Want to know the procedure to file a reply in State Forum?
- What is the procedure for registration of Sole proprietorship Law firm
- Non-disclosure clause to customer