quesLent money to friend w/o proof. How can i claim my money from him?

Lent money to a friend through a cheque which is not an a/c payee, I have no proof regarding the money lent than only a certified bank copy that my friend took money from my account through self cheque.

Can I make him pay my money based only on the certified bank copy as he is now refusing to repay my money?

• ansYour first step towards recovery of your dues should be that,

You should send a legal notice through an advocate to your friend asking him to repay your amount within 30 days.

If he does not comply with the said notice you can file a suit for recovery of your dues in the concerned civil court.

You can also file a police complaint under section 406 of the Indian Penal Code which deals with criminal breach of trust.