Lending of money via cheque
I took some cash from a friend of mine. She had given me some cheques and and some amount in cash. I returned her money in parts . Some online and some in cash. But I do not have records. Now she is intimidating me to return the cash otherwise she will file a case for financial abuse. What do I do?
How much cash was taken? How much have you returned? If you have returned money in cash and don't have proof of payments made, then you could be in trouble. Inform her that you are willing to return balance provided she gives you receipt of payments made till now.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How many months to take judgement for annulment?
- Mutual consent Divorce time taken and when can i remarry after divorce
- What is the procedure to form a family trust and what tax implications
- Lawyer saying that adopted child has no right in property and money
- What is the procedure to adopt a child? I am married.