quesIs phone recording be evidence to prove money lent to friend?

I lent around Rs. 1 lacs to my friend through an online account transfer. He is not returning my money back. How do I get my moneyback? He still talks to me on the phone and promises to return it back. He bought land recently but did not return my money.


I have phone recordings where he accepts that he has to pay my money back. Since we are still normally talking, so should I take his written statement on stamp paper that he borrowed money from me or are phone recordings and account statement sufficient proof?

  • ans

    If your friend can give you in writing that he has taken a loan from you, although it may not be a stamp paper (although if it's on a stamp paper and duly notarised it would be better), then you have a good case to get your money back with interest.


    Once you can get this in writing, or even otherwise, you can get a legal demand notice issued to your friend and if he still doesnt pay the amount, you can file a case for recovery of amount in a competent court of law, provided the case is filed within 3 year from the date of amount lent.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I lent money to a person and now he is not contactable and I don?t…

I frequently get phone calls from axis bank for credit card that i took six…

Loan defaulted how to survive from bank legal procedings? Can i file insolvency petition? i…

I have debtors of around 1 CR . they have verified my ledger on current…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly