quesi got a notice for a loan which is unpaid taken on behalf of a friend

I recently got a notice. I had got a friend a fridge from an electronics shop 5 years ago. Now the friend has gone out of town. The file and loan documents are all in my name. Now the friend has gone and its been 4 years. No one bothered in between. Now I have got a notice from the company to pay the amount and they have even increased the actual amount by adding interest. What should I do now?

  • ans

    We need to know what was the mode of payment for the fridge.

    Whether through cash or EMI?

    If EMI, then what was the duration and amount?

    Furnish us details of payments, only then we would be able to give you proper guidance

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions


I had booked 2 plots in Dehradun in 2013 through a Noida builder by paying…

I am a middle class servicemen in a private sector. My younger brother made a…

I have given 800000 lac to my cousin brother by selling my plot around 3year…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly