How to recover payment if I have blank undated cheques from a party
I supply wholesale cloth and a party in Kolkatta has not paid my dues.
I have undated cheques in lieu of the dues and all the other bills and receipts. What should I do to get the payment as the party is refusing to pay.
What will happen if i present the cheque and it bounces?
Your query is silent on whether you have signed cheque?
Incase yes, then you should write the date on the cheque and then present the cheque in the bank.
Once the cheque is bounced then you can send a legal notice to the party thereby demanding the cheque amount within 15 days from the receipt of the notice.
Incase they fail to make the payment, then you can file a criminal complaint under Section 138 of Negotiable Act. It is also imperative to place on record that you will have to file criminal compliant with 45 days from the date of the notice.
Further, you can file summary suit under Order 37 Rule 1 thereby demanding the suit amount alongwith interest @18%. You can file summary suit within a period of 3 years from the date of the cheque.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My salary is 20k per month do I have to pay income Tax
- What action can be taken against the person sending photos?
- Extension application is still pending what can we do
- False dowry case filed by brother's wife on whole familly
- My grandfather left a will which doesn't do justice to my father. Help