quesHow to recover payment if I have blank undated cheques from a party

I supply wholesale cloth and a party in Kolkatta has not paid my dues.

I have undated cheques in lieu of the dues and all the other bills and receipts. What should I do to get the payment as the party is refusing to pay.

What will happen if i present the cheque and it bounces?

  • ans

    Your query is silent on whether you have signed cheque?

    Incase yes, then you should write the date on the cheque and then present the cheque in the bank.

    Once the cheque is bounced  then you can send a legal notice to the party thereby demanding the cheque amount within 15 days from the receipt of the notice.

    Incase they fail to make the payment, then you can file a criminal complaint  under Section 138 of Negotiable Act. It is also imperative to place on record that you will have to file criminal compliant with 45 days from the date of the notice.

    Further, you can file summary suit under Order 37 Rule 1 thereby demanding the suit amount alongwith interest @18%. You can file summary suit within a period of 3 years from the date of the cheque.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to lend money to a friend and take monthly EMI for the interest…

I have given friendly loan of 1.8 lakh in cash to my friend & given…
hi, i am in buisness from past 6 years and was doing very well till…

I was paying a settlement amount every month to HDFC which got delayed last month.…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly