how to get money refund for unfulfilled order
I have ordered for a Engineering Machine for my factory. I paid an advance of 25% @ 4 Lac rupees by cheque. Later on i cancelled the order in writing due to scarcity of funds. Supplier is from Mumbai. I have not placed a PO but sent acceptance on email for the order. They have spend some money for the foundation of the machine @ Rs. 75,000/- . I have requested them to deduct their expenses and refund the amount, which they have refused stating they have spent more than 4 Lacs. Can I get back any money ? If yes how much i can claim.
It is necessary to go through the terms of contract to provide you the advice. Acceptance by email is sufficient to prove that order has been placed . If the seller has refused to refund advance amount on cancellation of contract you may file suit for recovery . The supplier will have to prove that he has spent more than Rs 4 lakhs on expenses in his defense.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is the financial ability of a person required to prove in 138 case
- Car accident after selling to buyer, how can I defend myself ?
- Constructing 2 wall inside the house but stopped by MCD
- Terminated from job fnf paid unilaterally what action can i take
- Procedure to Change my Surname