queshow to get money refund for unfulfilled order

I have ordered for a Engineering Machine for my factory. I paid an advance of 25% @ 4 Lac rupees by cheque. Later on i cancelled the order in writing due to scarcity of funds. Supplier is from Mumbai. I have not placed a PO but sent acceptance on email for the order. They have spend some money for the foundation of the machine @ Rs. 75,000/- . I have requested them to deduct their expenses and refund the amount, which they have refused stating they have spent more than 4 Lacs. Can I get back any money ? If yes how much i can claim.

  • ansIt is necessary to go through the terms of contract to provide you the advice. Acceptance by email is sufficient to prove that order has been placed . If the seller has refused to refund advance amount on cancellation of contract you may file suit for recovery . The supplier will have to prove that he has spent more than Rs 4 lakhs on expenses in his defense.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, We have given products to a company and they have paid 60% of…
Can u help to correct prize for notary 1 year room rent

I lost my jpb in the uae anf i had a credit card after i…

I had my friend some money for interest but he is not giving me the…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly