How should I get my money from a person who has not paid for goods
I am into the handicraft business since 12-13 years. I deliver stuff in Bangalore. 1 party has not given me my due money since 5 years and the amount is around Rs.1 Lacs. I have all bills sent to the person and when I followed up they have sent me a document where they acknowledge that they owe the money to me. What legal action can I take?
First of all, the document wherein the other party has acknowledged their liability towards you is very important as a fresh period of limitation starts from the date of issue of such document which is 3 years.
We recommend you send them a legal notice through an advocate first demanding your dues. In case the other party does not reply to the legal notice within 30 days, you can file a suit for recovery in the appropriate civil court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tenant sublet the property and not paid rent what action can I tak
- I became a false witness in a marriage, will I get in trouble?
- Property purchased by father registered in mother name can she sell it
- Candidate absent for verification after appointment
- In laws disclosed false information before marriage What to do