how can i recover my money from my girlfriend?
as I worked as a freelancer and worked with several clients who pay me via paypal.so at that time for saving I used my girlfriend account to transfer funds to her account and there all my money stored but after 1 year she refused to pay my money back.I have all documents which show that I only worked with these clients and she have not know what work is done or not even single word with them. so is there legal procedure to save my money from her. should I file a case against her? as I contacted her and her parents too but not get any answe
you may file case of forgery, but with an expert advocate guidance.
Advocate Kamal GroverPunjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
Yes You can attempt to recover your money if you can establish that the payment made by your clients was for you whether it's be way of invoices or proof of work done etc. You can also prosecute her for criminal breach of trust and in addition to the same file a suit for damages and recovery with interest.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
If you have documentation to prove that money was deposited in her account on your behalf, and that you were the one who performed the services, in lieu of which money was paid, then absolutely, you can file a civil suit for recovery of monies against her.
Advocate Savyasachi Kumar SahaiC R Park, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Sister's in laws beat her and abuse her what can be done
- Uncle and aunty asking for more then 50% share in property
- Not willing to serve notice period as want to join another company
- Maintenance case set aside. Where to challenge it? In high court?
- law procedure for change of name of village in bihar