×

quesHow can I recover amount from deceased family

i am running a pvt ltd firm and through the cheques of company i had given some amount to purchase a land as advance but the middle person used that cheques for his own and the title of land had gone in his favour. after making pressure he admitted that he will return this amount back within three months but unfortunately he died . his family members told us to return this amount back after selling this property but they sold this property and had not return the amount .kindly advice in this case which legal action canbe taken against the defaulters.

• ansYes you can a file a suit stating the situation. Firat suit shal be filed under SRA and second you can file stating a due amount to be recovered from legal heir of deseased person. As you told family persons were ready but now they are refusing, you can frame a case against the family for misleading and willfully not returing the money. Further u can contact local lawyer. Thanks

Advocate Hariom Dubey

Gangapur, Varanasi

• ansSir it is not clear from your question whether you has paid the entire amount for purchase of land or some of the amount. Further it is not clear who is middle man. As far as remady is concern you can filed complaint case for cheating as well as recovery suit.

Dr. Azhar Ikram

Kaiserbagh, Lucknow

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only