Getting the money back.
I am Abhay from Gwalior. My dad has given some amount of Rs/- to one of his friend for few days and his friend had given him a cheque as security but it turned out to be fraud .then my father consult a lawyer and send him a legal notice. Now I would like to ask after how many days of sending that notice we have to register that case in court and what other thing we can do so that we can get our money back.
It's not clear whether the cheque given by him has been dis-honored and notice has been served upon him against that, if so, then after expiry of 15 days period you can file criminal case under Section 138 of N.I. Act.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how should i protect myself against 498A
- Slight difference in Spelling of my in my employer's record name
- Is court marriage valid even if husband & wife haven't consummated
- Separation as wife went to her home and never returned back
- What to do for early hearing in the High Court?