quesGave money to friend. Now he is not willing to return.

I gave money to my friend on trust and he returned me my half money but on remaining money he is not giving back. Which ever cheques he gives it bounced and I got all transaction reports of taking money. How can i recover my remaining money?

  • ansIf cheque has been dishonoured then, issue a legal notice under section 138 Negotiable Instruments Act. In case your friend refuses to pay within period of 15 days from date of receipt of notice then, you can file a complaint under section 138 Negotiable Instruments act .

    You can also file summary suit under order XXXVII of CPC for recovery of your money.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have done hotel management. I tool loan from a bank in 2007. I was…

Is there any time frame by which I could get my flat vacated through court?…

Its been a year since this gut have 90,000 inr with him which I had…

i have an agreement with arise india ltd . , a electricals and electronics products…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly