Gave money to friend. Now he is not willing to return.
I gave money to my friend on trust and he returned me my half money but on remaining money he is not giving back. Which ever cheques he gives it bounced and I got all transaction reports of taking money. How can i recover my remaining money?
If cheque has been dishonoured then, issue a legal notice under section 138 Negotiable Instruments Act. In case your friend refuses to pay within period of 15 days from date of receipt of notice then, you can file a complaint under section 138 Negotiable Instruments act .
You can also file summary suit under order XXXVII of CPC for recovery of your money.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife's demand to vacate her govt allotted residence
- harassment by in-laws,seeking help
- Whether rent deed should be registered or not
- If we apply for POA in Maharashtra is it acceptable in other state?
- Person in whose favor Will was made died. Where does the Will stand?