quesGave money in a committee, now the owner is refusing to return it.

Some time back, i gave money on a committee, now the owner of the committee is refusing to return the money to me. What legal action can i take against him?

  • ans

    In what mode have you given the money to the committee and which type of committee is it? 

    If the amount is paid in cash, has the committee chairman given any receipt or it was in cash?

    You need to clarify facts, and why have you given the amount? Was it a donation or for which purpose?


  • ansDear sir,

    You may file a recovery suit against the committee owner. Few things that need to be considered before filling the case :
    1. Whether the amount give by you was given as a loan to the committee ? Or a donation?
    2. Do you have slips or anything else in writing to prove that you have given money to the committee?

    If all the above things are meant, then you may proceed with filing a recovery suit.

    For any other query you are advised to take services of an Advocate.

    Advocate Ankit Mahajan

      District Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi

  • ansIn what mode you have given the money to the committee,which type of committee is it.If the amount is paid in cash have the committee chairman given any rec pit or it was in cash,you need to clarify facts,and why have you given the amount was it a donation or which purpose.

    Advocate Ritesh Isaac

      Bengali Market, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Worked as business development manager for an Indian based company from united states and holds…

Lent money to a friend through a cheque which is not an a/c payee, I…

Dear Sir, I have invested in Jai Prakash Associate company FD which is got matured…

An affected part to the dispute has been filing complaints against a presiding officer for…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Sunil Kadam

 Experience: 9 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly