Final settlement pending with company since 2009. What to should I do?
My company is not paying me the settlement amount that includes my salary, my gratuity and my PF. I resigned in 2009. They’ve been delaying my money since then. I sent them a lot of mails to which I was never reverted to.
I also contacted the main branch in Bombay who informed me that the Meerut branch does not maintain any salary accounts. What can I do now?
You need to send them a legal notice claiming your full and final settlement inclusive of salary gratuity, PF etc. within 30 days. If the said payment is not made within 30 days then you can initiate a recovery suit against the company claiming your full and final settlement along with interest and damages for the mental harassment.
Please try to do this by the earliest as your claim started in 2009 and it is 2014. You shall also have to prove that your suit is within limitation as the period of limitation for recovery suits is 3 years.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I sell my share in undivided residential property?
- Mentally harassment by father. What action can i take against him?
- Can I leave the company if I have signed a bond for 2 years
- Husband filed for divorce after i filed DV and maintenance case
- Tenant is not ready to leave the property.