father's friends asking back the money he took
My father had taken money from his friends. 6 months ago my father expired. Now his friend is asking me for the money. What should I do?
Was the money advanced by cash or cheque? Does your father's friend have any written proof of any such loan advanced ? Did you inherit any moveable or immoveable property from your father? Please note that your liability for your father's debts would be limited to assets received by you from your father's estate on his death.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property sold which was taken as surety for bail what can i do
- Partitioned ancestral property.
- Technology Contract for product development not fulfilled
- Shop is with tenant for last 40 years can landlord ask it back
- Can I get my share in the ancestral property