quesFalse ATM Withdrawal transaction. How to recover money?

I have visited a ATM and inquired for 'current balance', however the bank deducted Rs. 10,000/- from my account. On raising a complaint, service desk came back with saying the transaction was successful(as in I had requested to withdrew 10K and I got it successfully). I have escalated the issue via my Relationship Manager. However I don't know what will be the response. What action should I take? Thanks in Advance.

• ansYou speak to relationship manager and write a letter to the bank marking a copy to RBI thereby requesting them to recredit the amount. The time limit for resolution of customer complaints by the issuing banks shall be 7 working days from the date of receipt of customer complaint.

Accordingly, failure to recredit the customer’s account within 7 working days of receipt of the complaint shall entail payment of compensation to the customer @ Rs. 100/- per day by the issuing bank.

Thereafter you can file a consumer case against the bank for deficiency of services and seeking compensation