False ATM Withdrawal transaction. How to recover money?
I have visited a ATM and inquired for 'current balance', however the bank deducted Rs. 10,000/- from my account. On raising a complaint, service desk came back with saying the transaction was successful(as in I had requested to withdrew 10K and I got it successfully). I have escalated the issue via my Relationship Manager. However I don't know what will be the response. What action should I take? Thanks in Advance.
You speak to relationship manager and write a letter to the bank marking a copy to RBI thereby requesting them to recredit the amount. The time limit for resolution of customer complaints by the issuing banks shall be 7 working days from the date of receipt of customer complaint.
Accordingly, failure to recredit the customer’s account within 7 working days of receipt of the complaint shall entail payment of compensation to the customer @ Rs. 100/- per day by the issuing bank.
Thereafter you can file a consumer case against the bank for deficiency of services and seeking compensation
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father suffering from mental problem. Who will be entitled to property
- Wife left house after ten days of marriage asking for maintenance
- Can my sister claim the property from me, its ancestral property?
- Is it legal to buy a land that has khata in gram panchayat
- Brother's are not giving share in parents property. what can be done?