quesDispute in Education Loan Terms with India's Largest Lender (SBI)

I have availed scholar loan from a reputed bank. Scholar loan is available only to students of premier institutions and the interest rate is low compared to the generic education loan. The bank, very tactfully opened two loan accounts (one with scholar loan and the other generic education loan with higher interest rate). They charged me with generic education loan interest rate (despite me availing scholar loan) and kept the scholar loan account with 0 balance. In my understanding, this consitutes fraud. What legal options can I avail and how to proceed about the same? (Talking to them has proved futile)

  • ansThis is very unfortunate that SBI has acted in such illegal and criminal manner.

    This is illegal and fraud and amounts to cheating !

    please file criminal complaint immediately !

    In case, the local Police is not registering your complaint then please approach the higher police officers.

    If the higher police officers also do not order for the registration of your complaint then please consult good Lawyer and file case in court !

    Hope that this helps ! !

  • ansIt appears that the financial institution has committed fraud upon you. So you have two remedies available you may intitiate criminal action against the concern officer of the Bank as well as you may adopt proper forum for recovery of excess amount recovered from you i.e. civil remedy. But as number of forums are available for different banks and institutions you have to provide the name of the Bank and loan documents to initiate further action.

    Advocate Radhika Pachpor

      Erandwane, Pune

  • ansSir,
    Firstly you have not stated the bank name, as various banks are givern under various enactment. As far as accounts opened n rate of interest are concern, it was your responsibility as you have signed relevant papers for same. Further as Per RBI guidelines you can seek certified copies of both accounts, n then if you disclose any kind of fraud there is process as per Rbi to take action or under act which said bank is registered.

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

My Father is in Severe Debt and has tried hard, yet difficult for him to…

I had given some stitching work of about 70 pieces to someone in Bangalore. She…
My father built a house about 27 years back. He had taken a water connection…

I have done hotel management. I tool loan from a bank in 2007. I was…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Sunil Kadam

 Experience: 9 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly