Different cheque number in the sale deed
Plot got registered with Sale Deed containing one cheque number. But cheque got dishonored due to mistake/correction in the cheque. Later paid the entire amount by 2 cheques immediately. So is it required to do the rectification deed or getting a receipt/letter from the developer on the payment would suffice. The Sale Deed is still valid after this payment? Any foreseeable risks?
A written receipt from the seller acknowledging the receipt of the two cheques on his official letter head would also suffice, to be duly signed and stamped. Rectification deed can only be optional.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Person died in accident i'm the accused and court confiscated passport
- Doctors gave wrong advice can I ask for compensation
- How to initiate mutual divorce proceedings? How much time required?
- Does an affidavit legally bind me if I resign after 1 year.?
- How to make changes in the Birth certificate