×

quesDifferent cheque number in the sale deed

Plot got registered with Sale Deed containing one cheque number. But cheque got dishonored due to mistake/correction in the cheque. Later paid the entire amount by 2 cheques immediately. So is it required to do the rectification deed or getting a receipt/letter from the developer on the payment would suffice. The Sale Deed is still valid after this payment? Any foreseeable risks?

• ansA written receipt from the seller acknowledging the receipt of the two cheques on his official letter head would also suffice, to be duly signed and stamped. Rectification deed can only be optional.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only