Delay in settlement payment. Bank deducted amount w/o notice. Options?
I was paying a settlement amount every month to HDFC which got delayed last month. The bank cancelled my statement right away and deducted some amount as well. I had to pay 25,000 out of which 14,000 was paid while 12,000 was deducted. They did not even call but deducted the money straight away.
However, the bank still quotes 25,000 as the pending amount. What can I do now?
The option available to you is filing a consumer case against the bank. This consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the civil court.
With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the website which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint. Your complaint has to be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing, with a minimum of 5 copies.
However, it is suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother committed suicide because girl threatened to file complaint
- Can son and daughter-in-law claim share in ancestral property
- Criminal case filed against me by bank can i get FIR quashed
- Is buyer liable to pay service tax in ready possession flat
- After mutual concern husband filed 420 case against me