Credit Card Dues, bank harassing after 8 years.
Hi, I had an ABN Amro card in 2007 and then moved abroad. And, now after 8 years Kotak who has taken over the debt is calling for collections and harassing and threatening me. I haven't received any legal notice from them in all these years and wanted to know if the Limitations Act applies here and if i am liable to pay. Many Thanks.
The limitation period for repayment of the debt is 3 years if the acceptance of the loan has not been given by you within that period, then the recovery is not possible. However if an acknowledgement of debt in writing within three years is made the it would restart the limitation afresh.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Motor accident happened 3 years back, can case be opened now?
- Grandfather property divided father got share he died how to divide it
- Bought house now owner is asking to give it on rent is it safe legally
- Builder Illegally constructing shop in society
- How to save my land without any legal proceedings ?