college refuses to refund fee inspite of directions from university
My son took admission in Skyline college Noida affiliated to Mahamaya Technical University after paying a fee of Rs 1 lakh ten thousand. After attending college for a few days my son did not find it beneficial so we withdrew his admission.
Thereafter we wrote to the college as well as the university for refund of fee. The University sent a direction to college stating that the fee be refunded after deducting the appropriate amount.
However its been over 7 months and the collge has not refunded us the fee neither are they replying to our letters.
As we understand your query, the college is not complying with the directions of the university and also isn't providing and information to you.
Initial step towards recovery of your money is to send a legal notice through an advocate to the respective college and demand your dues from the college.
If the court doesn't respond to the legal notice then there are 2 option open to you:
1. You can file a complaint in the consumer court.
2. You can file a case in the concerned civil court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Water bottle charged above mrp can I take legal action
- Father left a Will small share of 3rd party can he challenge the same?
- How to initiate mutual divorce proceedings? How much time required?
- Landlord not returning the security deposit after verbal agreement.
- Husband not wiling to divorce.I want to marry other boy