Claim the sum of money if the opponent.
Can one claim the sum of money if the opponent has lost the case which he just filed to harass the claimant and asked for money outside the court to compromise. If yes then how is the amount decided like based on type of case, time spent or amount of loss in business to the claimant?
First, was the case filed against you was civil or criminal in nature. If civil, the amount of compensation that you are asking for need to be justified by proper documentation stating the losses suffered due to this litigation. You would be required to pay stamp duty to government for the amount claimed in the court.
If criminal in nature, there are various sections in IPC from 193 till 203 which specifically addresses false filing of cases for which if proved can subject the opposite party/complainant/informant to prison for 7 years.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorce from wife on the basis of mental cruelty.
- Police wants to transfer 498a case to delhi as FIR is in Delhi
- What are the charges for court fees in case of stay on property?
- My legal rights when traffic police officer refuses to give the bill
- Landlord threatening us to sign for giving plot to development.