Can bank attach my property for an unpaid loan taken for business?
Can a bank attach my personal property for an unpaid loan taken for my business? I have take a loan from a bank in year 2010 to set up my manufacturing unit under PMEGP Scheme. Half of the loan is in the form of term loan and rest as working capital. Initially there was no collateral security on the sanction letter and bank officials has asked me to keep my House property paper with them without any mortage.
Due to some financial loss, business is not in perfect shape and finally bank has raised RC. I want to know, is there any obligation on my house property since it is not mentioned in sanction letter and how should I get back my papers?
It all depends on the terms of the Loan Agreement. As you have stated that the House title deeds were kept without a mortgage, then it is possible for you to approach the Court to get the Title Deed back.
However, this shall invite a recovery suit being filed by the Bank against you. And in case you are unable to repay the said loan amount, your movable and immovable assets can be attached which shall include your house as well.
Therefore, the the obligation shall come on your house property. We can provide you a detailed and better opinion once we review the terms of your loan agreement with the bank.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle died without any legal heir. Can we transfer the property to us?
- cheating husband- ran away leaving wife and child
- how to save myself from criminal case due to company
- Need help legally so that I can save my brother to be trapped by girl
- licenses required for a fast food takeaway in malls in delhi