quesCan bank attach my property for an unpaid loan taken for business?

Can a bank attach my personal property for an unpaid loan taken for my business? I have take a loan from a bank in year 2010 to set up my manufacturing unit under PMEGP Scheme. Half of the loan is in the form of term loan and rest as working capital. Initially there was no collateral security on the sanction letter and bank officials has asked me to keep my House property paper with them without any mortage.


Due to some financial loss, business is not in perfect shape and finally bank has raised RC. I want to know, is there any obligation on my house property since it is not mentioned in sanction letter and how should I get back my papers?


  • ans


    It all depends on the terms of the Loan Agreement. As you have stated that the House title deeds were kept without a mortgage, then it is possible for you to approach the Court to get the Title Deed back.


    However, this shall invite a recovery suit being filed by the Bank against you. And in case you are unable to repay the said loan amount, your movable and immovable assets can be attached which shall include your house as well.


    Therefore, the the obligation shall come on your house property. We can provide you a detailed and better opinion once we review the terms of your loan agreement with the bank.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

i have not paid car loan for past 4 months for Tata finance. Now they…

I have a credit card of axis bank which has a limit of Rs 50K.I…
One of my friend of previous company took an amount of Rs.60000 to invest in…
I'm a foreigner student I paid the college fees my course will start at July…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly