Broker lied about the shop. Unable to get refund from builder. Remedy?
I booked a shop in Gurgaon through a broker. The broker told me that there will not be any PLC charges on the shop & I gave a cheque of Rs. 4 lacs for booking.
After two months, at the time of final payment in the office of the Builder Company, I came to know that there is a PLC of Rs. 6 lacs on the shop.
Now I want to cancel the shop, but the Builder Company is not returning my money. I don't have any document, but I recorded all the calls of broker.
Now the broker is not answering my calls. Please help.
It appears to be a clear case of mis-representation. Assuming that you have not signed any agreement / application for including PLC charges, a Legal notice to the Real Estate Company and the Broker can be issued at an initial stage.
Thereafter, in the event of no response from the opposite party, we can file a Consumer Complaint before the competent District Consumer forum in this regards seeking compensation and interest on the amount paid to them.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a PSU charge 3 months penalty against former employee
- Uncle building house over my fathers property, how should I stop him
- Dishonor of buyback agreement by builder what can i do.
- What is the procedure for gift registration of a part of my property?
- Is it possible to obtain birth certificate without husband's info ?