Broker lied about the shop. Unable to get refund from builder. Remedy?
I booked a shop in Gurgaon through a broker. The broker told me that there will not be any PLC charges on the shop & I gave a cheque of Rs. 4 lacs for booking.
After two months, at the time of final payment in the office of the Builder Company, I came to know that there is a PLC of Rs. 6 lacs on the shop.
Now I want to cancel the shop, but the Builder Company is not returning my money. I don't have any document, but I recorded all the calls of broker.
Now the broker is not answering my calls. Please help.
It appears to be a clear case of mis-representation. Assuming that you have not signed any agreement / application for including PLC charges, a Legal notice to the Real Estate Company and the Broker can be issued at an initial stage.
Thereafter, in the event of no response from the opposite party, we can file a Consumer Complaint before the competent District Consumer forum in this regards seeking compensation and interest on the amount paid to them.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to get divorce from a non supporting husband? Take family's side.
- Property in name of father and uncle any trouble in getting my share
- Can i submit post dated cheque in bank
- Legal rights of a mother in law against daughter in law
- Landlord not wiling to return security deposit, What action possible?