quesAmount due as per credit note. How do i recover the amount?

Broker is not paying the discount extended to me by him via a credit note. I bought a property around 1.5 years ago wherein I got a total discount of 4% out of which 3% was given to me as a discount by the builder and the remaining 1% was given as a credit note by the broker.


It has been 1.5 years that I have been chasing the broker but he is not giving me the amount due as per the credit note - the amount is around Rs. 1 lac.


What can I do now? The property is in Gurgaon and I stay in Mumbai. Can I file a case against the broker in Mumbai?


  • ans


    No, the Mumbai courts will not have any jurisdiction in this matter as neither the broker nor the property is situated in Mumbai and nor any cause of action has arisen in Mumbai.


    We can file a suit for recovery in the court at Gurgaon and since the amount is not very big, may be even issuing a Legal Notice for the same to the broker may suffice and the amount may be recovered.


    In case the Legal Notice does not get you the desired relief, i.e. your payment is not recovered post the Legal Notice, the the next step would be to file a suit for recovery in the concerned Civil Court.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

One person took Rs. 70,000/- from us for providing a decent job in Dubai. He…
I have given loan of Rs.4,00,000 to my brother in cash. He has returned the…
My cheque has bounce and i given legal notice to drawer for payment within 15…

Hi, I used my dubai FGB credit card for 16000/- Dhs. but unfortunately I lost…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly